Engine out - pictures

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine out - pictures
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:23:06 +0100 (CET)
Fellow Triumphists,

The big end bearings in my Spitfire's engine were becoming a bit loud, and
the oil pressure was getting ever lower, so today I extracted my first
engine. Quite an enjoyable and rewarding job, I must say, even though it
feels a bit like I ripped the car's heart out.

I've put up some pictures here: http://triumphspitfire.nl/motor/

The lovely lady in the first pic is my wife, I'm the guy in the red
overalls and the other guy is my Spitfire-owning friend and co-webmaster
Jacob Poortstra. The last pic is of my daily Renault with a spare engine
in the back...

Eric

(I already mentioned my upcoming engine-out adventure in my own
'Birthdays' post, but that was probably too lengthy to get through to the
list. Mark, how often do you go through you way-too-big-postings folder?
;-)

--
'57 TR3A TS23315L - black
'76 Spit FH88257L - Java green