TR6 leaky engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 leaky engine
From: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:33:39 GMT
If this has already posted, accept my apologies.  I don't thik it did.  Here's
my problem.  I have a 71 TR6 w/a nearly new engine.  Probably no more than 2K
on it.  There is a plate that bolts on the front of the engine block, and the
timing chain cover bolts onto that.  I have a pretty bad oil lead coming from
the left side of that plate, running down the block and puddling on the flange
at the bottom of the block where the oil pan bolts on.  Does anyone have any
ideas as to why this is happening?  Front main seal?  Bad Gasket?  Any
suggestions are surely
appreciated.  Thanks in advance,
Bryan C. Loy
Paradise Music