Re: TR-250 Backup lights

To: iron_horse819@yahoo.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-250 Backup lights
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:45:52 EST
In a message dated 2/25/2005 3:34:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
iron_horse819@yahoo.com writes:

In the  ongoing restoration of my TR4A, I have come to the decision to  go
bumperless.  However, this leaves me with no backup or license  plate lights.
Therefore, I have decided to mount TR-250 backup lamps, but  I need dimensions
on where to locate them, what size holes, etc.  Is  anybody able to provide
those?  I'm also open to suggestions for  providing a license plate lamp as
well, any idea?

Thanks in  advance,

=======
Raymond, one possibility might be to use the Spitfire or  GT6's 1970-only
combination license plate lamp and backup lamp assembly on  the bootlid. For
examples, see:

_http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cars/kacenas.jpg_
(http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cars/kacenas.jpg)   or
_http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cars/jlawrence.jpg_
(http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cars/jlawrence.jpg) .

Note that, in the first image, the unit has been modified slightly with a
red lamp where the normally white backup lamp lens would be.

SFI (slight financial interest) disclosure: If you're interested in  one of
these units, I have several from which to choose! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)