TR4/4A turn signal switch wiring question/column ground

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4/4A turn signal switch wiring question/column ground
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:11:52 -0800
List,

I put the column into the car tonight, and I have a question that I cannot
answer from deciphering the wiring diagram.  All of the wires coming from
the column have a corresponding-colored wire at the harness, except one.  I
have a brown with no stripe coming from the turn signal switch, and nothing
to connect it to.  From looking at the diagram, I am thinking that it
connects in with the brown w/blue stripe wire coming from the switch that
does have a corresponding connection on the harness.  Any takers on this
one?

Also, in my bag of column mounting parts that came off the car, I have a
ground wire that is connected to the firewall bracket.  Anyone know where
this wire goes?  I am thinking maybe the heater, but I'm unsure.

Getting closer - after about 5 years in restoration, I'm hoping to start her
up for the first time in March.  Finally!

As always, thanks for any assistance.

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A