TR3A Engine Rebuild Cost Estimate

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Engine Rebuild Cost Estimate
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:12:38 -0500
Hi

Anyone care to share what they know about what I could expect for the cost
to rebuild a 58 TR3A engine?
I am having work done right now and here are some guidelines?

Mechanic:       $60/HR
Include all access, removal and machining as required.

The car runs OK but I decided to have the engine torn down since I was
experiencing some crankshaft rod bearing noise. I don't just want to fix
that since everything will be apart and here is an opportunity to do it
right!.... I am just wondering if anyone has some cost experience they might
share. I have a budget in mind but recognize that there will be a min/max
range. Hope that this isn't too general a question?

Thanks, Fran
1958 TR3A

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]