RE: Won't start, out of ideas - solved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Won't start, out of ideas - solved
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:52:56 EST
At the risk of being banned from the list for incompetence, I'll tell you why
the engine wouldn't start.

I had replaced the weight springs in the distributor and put the cam spindle
in 180 degrees in the wrong direction. Then I must have put the distributor in
180 degrees out in the other direction because it started up and ran until it
quit, for a reason I still don't know. In trying to resolve the problem, I
set the distributor in correctly (but with the cam spindle still in wrong). I
finally noticed the rotor was facing towards the number 6 wire and the light
bulb went off. Switched the spindle and it fired right.  Finally got the idle
down to a respectable tick over and the vacuum retard that I rebuilt actually
works!

Thanks for the input.

Bud Trussell