RE: no LBC Content -- Animal regulations

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: no LBC Content -- Animal regulations
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:48:25 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:47 PM
To: 'Randall'

You may be right. Not sure  Except it wasn't just de-clawed cats. It was dog
tails cropped, ears operated on (Dobies, Boxers) debarking and a few other
procedures. And as for the difference between trimming and de-clawing I
disagree. The de-clawing removes everything down to the first knuckle. How
would you like to live without your fingertips. I know my neutered male of
rather modest stature would sorely miss his claws in his disagreements with the
immense neighborhood cats who insist on invading his yard.

Deano

Do you have any references for that, Deano ?  I live right down the road and
I've never heard of any such thing ...

Perhaps you're thinking of the ordinance passed in West Hollywood against
having cats declawed ?  While I don't agree with the ordinance, it's just a
bit different than clipping nails ... kind of like the difference between
circumcision and castration !

Randall
Sourthern California cereal bowl : a shallow depression full of fruits, nuts
and flakes