Seat Spring Repair

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Spring Repair
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:33:53 -0500
Hello, everyone,

I removed the rotted seatcovers from my TR3A restoration project seats (a gas
mask job).  The springs are sound in the front 2/34rds, but need repair in the
rear portion where they were most weighted by passengers.

I've looked through team archives, but don't see if anyone has a recommended
patch for these springs.

Anybody have luck trying something innovative with springs from something else
tied into the main cushion?

Thanks again.

Terry Smith '59   TS 58667
New Hampshire
(Body still off, but the front bulkhead and inner fenders are pounded out and
repaired.  Never thought it would get this far!)