TR3A Rear Axle Orientation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Rear Axle Orientation
From: Joel McCown <jfmccown@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:18:19 -0800
I'm in the middle of a 59 3A frame-off, and I saw something that
puzzles me.  After mounting the engine, gearbox, and rear axle on the
frame, I could see that the gearbox points directly down at the rear
axle, but the rear axle points pretty much straight ahead, and is
several inches lower.  I realize that the driveshaft is meant to
handle this type of thing, but it just seems like it's a bit extreme.
However, this is my first frame-off of anything, so I really don't
know.  Can anyone spread some light onto this thing.  Thanks.