With/Without Manual's

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: With/Without Manual's
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:26:44 -0500
Hello,
I am sorry I alarmed folks into thinking that I was rebuilding my front
suspension without any help from manuals!  That would be foolish indeed!!!

Instead I was using a Moss Catalog illustration to show me what I was doing.
My usual procedure in attempting my TR3's restoration is to read the
particular applicable section of Roger William's "How to Restore a TR3" once
or twice (the queen's-tongue is often thick!) and examine all it's photos,
then with a Moss's catalog in hand I feel confident with my slow exacting
pace.  Prievously I've studied my CD of Bentley's, my (overly difficult)
Haynes Manual and Kenneth Ball's Manual.  The green and white diagonally
striped book has been examined and is located within my domicile somewhere.

 So when I said, "I can't find my manuals", I should have added, "but, I'm
using my Moss Catalog et al".   It may also be attributable to my laziness
that I take liberty to ask the list questions which I can't tell from Moss's
illustrations or that William's doesn't address. All the other books are
lingering somewhere.

Which brings up the question:
I can't tell which direction the seal shown in Moss's as No. 12 on p.40 is
suppose to go.  If it faces up like it holds water or rather grease or is it
go down so that is lips over the brass Trunnion?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A