Re: Request for info!

To: jimbpps@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Request for info!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:57:17 EST
In a message dated 3/7/2005 8:47:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jimbpps@cox.net writes:

In the  past I have seen several pictures of TR4~6 cars with a custom vent
cut into  both front fenders. It was sort of triangular in shape and was just
behind  the front wheel opening and just below the S/S horizontal trim.  There
appears to be an "egg crate" grill installed so that it looks like it  came
from the factory.

Does any one know of an owner of one of these  modified cars, or know who may
have done this modification, or where this  may have been done?

======
Jim, I'm assuming you are referring to the vents as seen on the "Works" TR4
rallye cars, such as
_http://www.revingtontr.com/oldsite/images/6VC_HI%7E3.JPG_
(http://www.revingtontr.com/oldsite/images/6VC_HI~3.JPG) .  I thought that
Neil Revington did kits to fit these vents, but I can't find them  on his
website at the moment. Anyway, the "egg crate" grille originates from the
mighty
Herald! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)