Re: Synthetic Oil

To: Robert Knapp <robertgknapp@yahoo.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:28:06 -0800
The engine re-builder I used  (HP Performance) insisted that I use
NON-synthetic oil for the first 3000 miles, to allow the rings to
seat properly ... they believe that synthetic oil is so slick it will
not all proper ring seating.
That being said when the 3000 miles were up, I  have switched to
Redline 10w-40w and am completely satisfied ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L