Alternator conversion wiring help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator conversion wiring help
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:10:17 -0800
List,

I am in the process of converting my TR4A from generator to alternator, and
need some assistance with the wiring.

I ordered an alternator kit from Revington TR, complete with thin-belt
conversion.  The wiring instructions say (wiring colors in parentheses) to
solder the three heavy-gauge leads from terminals D (NY), A (NW), and A1
(NU) together, solder the light-gauge leads from terminals D (NY) and F
(NG), and discard the ground.  However, that only accounts for 6 of the 7
wires at the voltage regulator.  What about the light-gauge NU that was
connected to A1 (I think it serves the horn relay)?  Where does it go?
Seems like, since it provides power to the horns, it's got to be soldered in
with the other large power wires - can someone with an alternator conversion
in place verify this?

Any help from an electrical wizard would be appreciated!

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A