RE:alternator wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List), jtedder68@cox.net
Subject: RE:alternator wiring
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:23:27 +0000
Correct.  The horns are fed from the power wire at regulator.  I have a
modified wiring diagram based on Dan Master's diagram that I can send you.  It
is specfically for the Delco SI series alternator.  It also shows modified
lighting and radiator fan wiring too.

I recommend adding a distribution block instead of soldering those wads of
wires together.  I used a TR6 4-fuse block, with some of the fuses replaced by
copper bus bars (sections of copper pipes).

I also recommend doing something about the relatively small wire that feeds the
battery.  If the battery is down, then you will be seriously overloading the
wire as you recharge the battery off the alternator.  I recommend 10 or 8 gauge
wire for this purpose.

I have the diagram at home.  I can get it to you later.

-Tony