Ignition switch 71 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition switch 71 TR6
From: Robert Knapp <robertgknapp@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:05:07 -0500 (EST)
I am installing a new wiring harness and am not getting power to the fuse box.
Looking at the back of the ignition switch number 1 terminal is a single prong
but the wiring diagram calls for two brown and white wires to connect to this
single terminal. Number two terminal is double prong and calls for the white
wires to connect here and that is OK.  Number three terminal is double prong
and calls for the white and red wire to connect this is also OK. The problem
seems to be terminal one where I cannot connect two brown and white wires to
the single prong on this terminal. If anyone could help me with this problem it
would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Knapp