TR6 header: low quality

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 header: low quality
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:18:04 -0400
Hello,

I just purchased a "mid-priced" exhaust header from one of the big 3 suppliers,
and I'm quite disappointed. For $370, I got a pretty amateurish piece of work.
I was prepared for some grind-and-fit, and I've had headers on two other LBCs
I've owned, but the welds on this one look really awful. It looks like a $99
eBay special.

I'm thinking of returning it, but I wonder if all the available headers look
like this? Has anyone found a well-made one for about this price?

Thanks,

Tomislav Marincic
1971 TR6 CC55483L

(If you email me directly, you will get a reply from my spam filter for
confirmation. I apologize, but it's the only way I can face my in-basket
without gagging on the garbage.)