Re: right hand drive pedal positions?

To: lherault@bu.edu ("Ron L'Herault"), triumphs@autox.team.net ("Triumphs")
Subject: Re: right hand drive pedal positions?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 09:29:35 -0400
In a message dated 5/3/2005 8:41:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Ron L'Herault"
<lherault@bu.edu> writes:

>A friend was complaining that his leg bothered him when he drove for any
>length of time so I suggested that he get a right hand drive LBC.  This
>got us to wondering if the gas pedal is nearest the outside of the car
>or nearest the transmission?   I thought it would be nearest the
>transmission.  I once drove a VW in Scotland in the early 1980s, but for
>the life of me don't even remember the pedal placement.

======
Not to worry, Ron. If my Standard Pennant is any indication, the pedals are
arranged in the same way (NOT a mirror image) whether the car is RH or LH
steering.

Note, though, that the column shifter, as found on Standard Vanguards, Triumph
Mayflowers and such, usually "pointed" towards the center of the car. So, on a
RH steering car, the column shift lever was on the LH side of the steering
column.

--Andy Mace