Re: TR4 ignition timing with Ignitor

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@newellboys.com>,
Subject: Re: TR4 ignition timing with Ignitor
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 13:07:42 -0700
Steven,
I do not believe that you can use the static timing method as described in
that paper with the Petronix installed. That method relies on the points
closing a circuit and since the Petronix uses a magnetic pickup, there is no
closed circuit. You could use the trial and error method, or you you could
use a timing light, or you could put the points back in to do the timing -
or all of the above.
Bob