RE: VTR registration question, what is a driver?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR registration question, what is a driver?
From: "Ann and Tim Buja" <buja@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:52:59 -0500
Phil Ethier wrote

> I'm trying to fill out my VTR registration today for Rockford.
<snip>
>I'm confused about charges for extra drivers, and what is a driver?
>
>My wife and I are going to the convention, with no other people.
>I will be driving at the autocross.
>
>How do we determine whether Sue is a "a driver"?
>How do we determine whether we need to pay extra for a driver or a
>non-driver?
>
>There is something about the price structure that was either
>not thought-out or is inadequately explained.

Sorry for any confusion.  We adopted the driver/non-driver structure when we
last hosted the convention in 1995 to avoid complaints of high fees for
additional people in the same car who didn't participate in any of the
driving events.

A driver is a person who is registered for the convention and will be
participating in competition events (Autocross, funkhana, TSD) in addition
to the social events.  The first person registering a vehicle is
automatically a "driver".

A non-driver is a person who is registered for the convention but will not
drive the vehicle in competition events.  The second person listed on the
registration form (usually a spouse, occasionally a son, daughter, brother
or sister, but always in the same family) has the option to be registered as
a driver or a non-driver.  Additional family members can be registered as
non-drivers on the same registration form.

In Phil's case, Phil is the driver.  Sue should be listed as a driver if she
wants to drive the car in the autocross, funkhana and/or TSD, and be
eligible for trophies.  If she will be the navigator in the TSD or funkhana
with Phil (or someone else) driving, she should be registered as a
non-driver.

FYI - the early registration deadline expires for registrations postmarked
after Sunday, May 15.  Send your registration in this week and save $10!

Tim Buja - VTR 2005 Registrar - Rockford, IL
http://www.vtr2005.org