LENGTH DOES MATTER ON THE tr3!

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LENGTH DOES MATTER ON THE tr3!
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 13:25:15 -0400
Don't ask me how I did this, but, I got 2 different spring compressors
(both of them were tightened) STUCK while using it on one of my coil
springs while I rebuilt my front suspension to my TR3!  I did this while
I had the coil spring off the car.  The one internal coil spring
compressor was wound tight so that it needed help from one external
spring compressor which wound up with the head covered by the spring, or
some such, I don't know, but, anyway with the use of a third spring
compressor I was able to get them all free and my old spring came to
life again (or so I think!).  Luckily all my fingers are intact!
    The problem is now it seems shorter, but, I'm not sure!  And the
other spring is already mounted so I can't use it for comparison. And I
had to leave it in the compressed state for two whole weeks while I
searched for a way to fix it.   According to some (misplaced) book, I
remember that the other spring was the correct length before I mounted
it.  However, the now free spring is only 10 INCHES in length while
uncompressed.  It has NO spacers on it.  Can someone please tell me what
the correct length is suppose to be????????

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A