Re: Linkage hang up

To: Alan Salvatore <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Linkage hang up
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:33:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 17 May 2005, Alan Salvatore wrote:

> My throttle linkage on the tr6 keeps hanging up.
> I've adjusted the accelerator pedal, adjusted the the control rod assembly and
> it still hangs up on occasion.  Then I have to hit the pedal to unstick it.
> Do i have to keep fiddling with the control rod or is there some piece of
> magic I'am missing.

There should be a 5/16" bolt on the firewall beneath the throttle pedal...
this is a limiter. Adjust that bolt out 'till the bell-crank can't "over
center". If the bolt is not on the firewall, note that the throttle pedal
assy. has a piece welded on about 2 inches above the top of the pedal
(looks kind of like a cross). This is the part of the throttle linkage
that contacts the "stop".

I have first hand experience with this (throttle hung wide-open). You have
not lived 'till you have locked the throttle wide open on a "built" TR6.
The phrase "scalded cat" comes to mind. And in the lower gears, you're at
the red line "real quick". Yeow!

> Al Salvatore
> 76tr6

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx