Re: Wire Wheel Spline Lube

To: jpg2@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Spline Lube
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 09:07:38 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/2005 8:45:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jpg2@comcast.net writes:

What's  the recommended grease for wire wheel splines?

======
An article on a major North American Triumph club web site suggests  the use
of PBC (Poly Butyl Cuprasyl, a copper-based lubricant). My TR3 factory  manual
simply says "grease." I suspect most any modern grease would be  sufficient,
as I believe the key is keeping the splines clean and properly  greased.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)