Re: TR4 Hardtop

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Hardtop
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:53:18 EDT
Hi Craig,

I looked at that top and it does appear to be sitting too far rearward. The
photos are cropped in such a way that the leading edge can't quite be seen
clearly. That's the key... if it's not fully mounted on the top of the
windshield,
it would explain why it appears short of the windows on the sides and too far
back toward the gas cap on the rear. There is also a little bit of adjustment
in the windshield frame position.

It's not a bad looking top. I considered it, but was concerned the window
might be difficult to replace. If you know of a source for a replacement, the
price is right! It doesn't say, but I'd assume the top is fiberglass. There is
Canadian firm still offering a one-piece top that is very similar, perhaps the
same item, I forget the company name but their website could probably be
found with some Googling.

Hope this helps!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.