Re: VTR "ET All"

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR "ET All"
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:47:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/2005 7:50:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> I'm not sure I understand this, Darrell ... are you saying that because the
> issue doesn't affect you personally, that you don't care what happens to
> non-members when they visit the VTR website ?

Randal,
I believe that non-members who visit the VTR Website should join and become
members. There needs to be some incentive, therefore "members only" sections.
Not a particularly unreasonable request or that odd IMHO.  I also think that
anyone referring a Triumph owner to the VTR Website should encourage that
person
to join up first to enjoy all the benefits instead of go here get what you
need for free. You see that windscreen decal on my car means something to me. I
am a member and Proud of It!  I have made life long friendships with other
Triumph owners because I am a member and I participate.  I would encourage any
Triumph owner to also be a member. It has been a great experience.

Surely you aren't suggesting that one must be a member of VTR
to be counted as a member of the Triumph community?

Well, not exactly but I find it hard to consider a person a real Triumph Guy
if they are not a member of any Triumph Club. To me the local clubs come first
and the National Clubs next depending on ones interest and financial
resources.  Quite possibly just being a "Lister" would also qualify but I think
one
would be missing out on the real world experience that makes our hobby so
enjoyable.

I thought VTR *was* a club "for all Triumphs" ?  Or do you mean there should
be only one club?

Read Jerry's response that I referred too.  Yes, I was supporting his idea of
ONE CLUB.  No small task but the upside would be tremendous.  I could
envision one club with separate entities that still maintain their individual
autonomy.  Therefore you could still have TRA, 6-PACK, TR8, Stag, NASA, Italias
and
even VTR and you West Coast guys.  All under the one flag of the Triumph
Community.  Resources could be pooled, dues could be lowered, monthly
newsletters of
high quality, Mega Websites and joint National Conventions. This has been
discussed by what you guys call elitists. That would be coming together as a
Community.

Hey, I still Love you Guys, even Spits, heck I own two of them.  Hopefully
you can cut this club type guy some slack.  I got to renew my NASA membership.
blew it and let it expire.

Darrell