Water Pump and ticking sound

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Pump and ticking sound
From: "Richard" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:47:16 -0400
Hi All
I have 2 questions :
First I have just bought a new water pump to replace the other new one - sat
too long after assembly before starting and dried out) and the new one has a
hole in the casing. I assume it is to let out steam or pressure. Is there a
correct position for this hole as to up down etc ?
Second the car has been running good - last time I started it it flooded and
was hard to start - once started there is now a ticking sound coming from the
very front of the car. Any ideas before I start to take things apart to look
for something out of place. Sounds like maybe timing chain cover area.

Thanks

Crabby