Re: Locktite Red and Blue comparisons

To: jhassall@blacksburg.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Locktite Red and Blue comparisons
From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 02:27:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 6:03:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jhassall@blacksburg.net writes:

I then  coated four bolt threads (for full nut thread
engagement) adjacent to the  bolt heads with Red and four threads with Blue
on the other bolt, then  torqued the nuts to 40 lbs-feet again.  Next
evening I removed the  nuts.  The Blue nut broke at 40 lbs-feet, while the
Red took 65  lbs-feet to break

Greetings...  The problem with this procedure is the specified torque  is for
clean and oiled threads.  Loctite is not a replacement for the  oil.  I've
not had any problems with properly torqued fasteners coming  adrift.  If you
have one of those click type torque wrenches, have it  calibrated.    TJ