RE: unknown TR3 part

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: unknown TR3 part
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:25:20 -0700
> What does this part do?

It's a clamping plate, spreads the force from the bolt heads so they don't rip
through the relatively thin sheetmetal.  Think of a specially shaped fender
washer.

>  Is it metal?

Yes.

> Can one opt to leave it off?

You could ... but I wouldn't.

>  Since it is NA, where can I get a pair if I need to?

Have I flogged Roadster Factory in the last 15 minutes ?  P/N 602443

Or, it would be easy enough to fabricate a replacement if necessary.  Buy some
flat stock at Home Depot, cut it to fit (shape is a long rectangle with one
corner cut off, easy to see with the body resting on the frame), and drill a
couple of holes in it.

Randall