Re: Scam ? Maybe?

To: Martin Sukey <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>,
Subject: Re: Scam ? Maybe?
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
Scam?  Probably.  I just got the same email asking to buy my '68 GT6. My car is
not for sale.  Is your car listed on triumphowners com?  It looks like that's
where he's getting the email addresses from.

Jim
'67 TR-4A
'68 GT6
'73 Spit6
http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000

Martin Sukey <mjsukey@eriecoast.com> wrote:
I received an email from a Kenneth Owens of usedbikes consulting
International England (email HYPERLINK
"mailto:usedzbikez_boats@yahoo.co.uk"usedzbikez_boats@yahoo.co.uk)
concerning a car I have for sale. Usually I just delete these but this
fellow speaks pretty good English though his capitalization skills are
lacking in the email. The one thing that drew my attention is the last line
in the email being I am looking forward to your prompt reply, which seems
to be the same line all the other scam emails used when I get them. Has
anybody out there ever heard of this company? The pessimist in me tell me
they are out to get my money, ha, fooled them:-). If it is another version
of the Nigerian scam emails it looks like they changed their M.O. and have
scrapped the bad English routine and are trying to look somewhat
professional to see if that works. Anyhow, has anybody out there ever heard
of this company?

Thanks,

Marty