Re: Errant speedo & Princes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Errant speedo & Princes
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
 On speedo (also applies to tachs if either or both are cable driven),
surprised not to se this come earlier. It happened to me too. It's
suposed to come under occasional maintenance. "Un screw cable from gauge
and withdraw cable from flex sheath. Clean off old grease, regrease
applying some to inside sheath to assure well lubed and reinsert cable
taking care the square end is firmly engaged into drive unit twisting as
necessary" Whenever I've replaced a gauge or cable with a new one, I've
always followed this to be sure factory performed before shipping to be
safe.
 On Bob Danielson's response on my gas tank. Thanks Bob you're a "prince
among men"