Clutch line failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch line failure
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:17:02 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

On my '71 GT6 the clutch line broke at the slave cylinder today :(. Obviously,
this made driving rather difficult, and now I need a new line. Where do I get
one and what are the specs for it (i.e. thread size, diameter, etc.). Can these
be sourced from 'normal' auto part suppliers? The one that was on  the car
(well, it's still there - just not  connected at one end) is a solid
aluminum(?) semi-flexible  tube and it broke at the retaining piece that holds
and seals the line at the slave. What are my options for replacing this? I
don't see this part in the VB catalogue. Can I make one out of flexible
drinking straws and duct tape?

Thanks.

Cameron
'71 GT6