Re: TR4 For Sale - value

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 For Sale - value
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:23:38 EDT
Hi John,

eBay is a serious contender for selling a specialty car! An acquaintance of
mine - a retired newspaper advertising executive - half-jokingly put his old
Impala convertible on eBay and was utterly amazed at the response and sale for
more than $5K over what he expected.

Exposure to the widest possible audience is generally what it's all about.
eBay seems to provide that and I've seen some nice TR4s go for very respectible
prices there (and a number of serious "prospects" go for a lot less!). If you
are unfamiliar with eBay, there are some consultants via the website who can
advise you on doing a car sale in a manner that's as safe as possible. Good
quality photos and a good description are key to eBay sales, too.

You might also want to exchange some e-mail with  Brian Sanborn via his
website http://webpages.charter.net/sanborn/Opener.htm He recently sold his
TR4,
quickly and without using eBay, and got a very good price for it. Much more
than
you are talking about.

Certainly, mentioning its availability here is a good starting point!

I wish I had just the surrey top for my TR4! Well, just the hardtop and
backlight, actually.

Cheers!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L (in search of a hardtop!)