RE: addign an oil pressure gauge

To: "'sujit roy'" <triumphstag@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: addign an oil pressure gauge
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:59:27 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of sujit roy
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:31 PM
To: Triumph List
Subject: addign an oil pressure gauge

Hi Guys;
I have an oil pressure gauge fitted to my '71 Stag. The oil pressure
sensor has been removed.  I'm interested in having both.  I've been
told that installing a tee is not a good idea as they can
break.(unclear why)  However, I noticed some MGB's have a tee piece
that is bolted to the fire wall.  One end, houses the oil pressure
sensor the other ends are for pipe attachments.
Where can I get this tee and other pipe and misc. fittings cheaply in
the US?  I was at the Dixon car show and had the opportunity to buy a
used tee, but didn't.  Stupid me.

That is what I did on my Spit.  I took the idiot light unit to a
hardware store and mated it up to a short extension pipe that I then
mated to a "T" connector into which I fitted the Sender and mechanical
gage line into.  Works great.

Joe