distributors

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: distributors
From: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:20:32 -0400
Well, after much researching and phone calls, along with list members help, I
finally have the correct distributor and vac. advance in my car for the engine
and piston size that I run, not really positive I have the correct
springs/weights (close enough though) and it has not been on a dyno, but what
a "profound" difference in performance, she is quite a bit quicker during
acceleration, I mean really a big difference over the wrong type  dist I have
been operating with for many years. I'd be willing to make the statement that
95% of the T/R 2/3/4/4A are now running the incorrect distributor in their
cars and do not have the slightest idea it's wrong, about 95 % of the dist
available from our suppliers and sources are from M/G's and have not taken
into consideration what the engine modifications have been made (piston size,
cam, etc.), anyway, very happy and "surprised" at the difference, I would sure
suggest owners research what model distributor and vacuum advance you
presently are running in your own car, believe me it's well worth the time and
effort on this very much overlooked vital component.  "FT"