dead wiper motor

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: dead wiper motor
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:54:11 -0400
Took the Spitfire's wiper motor off this afternoon.  Now I know why
the wipers wouldn't work.  The motor itself is fine but the shaft
which holds the big plastic gear was frozen in place, as in s-t-u-k,
stuck.  In an effort to drive it out of the housing (yes, I did
remove the circlip first! and yes I did dose it liberally with
Liquid Wrench) I actually drove the bushing out of the aluminium
housing.  It ain't goin' nowhere any more, never was.

I see that the motor and various parts are available, but it isn't
obvious whether the "motor" as a part includes that housing, or
whether any other part does.  Plus the motor is listed as $100 by
Spitbits, haven't checked TRF yet.

Anyone have such a piece they'd sell?  Anyone know what parts are
included with what parts?

Tanks,

--
Jim Muller