Re: electric fan thermostats again

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: electric fan thermostats again
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:51:35 -0400
Ashford,

I use the Summit (actually Painless Wiring ) unit 185 on and 170 off in my
TR4A. Works great with a 160 Thermostat.

One thing that you need to consider if you are removing your engine driven
fan is the underhood temperatures. I no longer have an engine driven fan on
my 4A and the underhood temp is a problem on hot days in traffic. It does
not get as hot here in OH as GA so it will be a problem for you, again if
you are removing the engine driven fan. If not then not so much a problem.
The engine driven fan moves a lot of hot air at idle out from under the hood
and away from the carb float bowls helping to keep the fuel cooler.

Just my experience. I'd use the lowest on temperature thermostat that you
can find for the underhood temperature reason.

JVV