vtr concours setup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: vtr concours setup
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:42:44 -0500
dkspence@telus.net,triumphs@autox.team.net
Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #2281

>OK then how about just people's choice overall and people's choice for
>each model and say to heck with the judging.  Judging by one's peers
>and that's that.  The judges are free to not judge and wander at their
>leisure and the winner's get to know that people like their car best.
>Nice ego boost for the winner and no one to blame for the uhhh second
>place finisher's. (everyone else)
>
>Work for you?

It works for Lotus LTD at the Lotus Owners Gathering.  Nobody knows what
original is on a Lotus anyway...  :-)

I went to both VTR and LOG in 2002 and I will do that again in 2005.  There
is a difference in organization and judging.  At LOG, they get the cars set
up for the panoramic shot, then take a shot of the cars with the people
standing by them.  Then everyone heads off to the lunch tent and Doug
Chadwick shoots another panoramic shot without the people (many folks buy
both shots).  After lunch, people return to the field and make their
people's-choice votes in the various model classes.  There is no need to
reposition the cars.

It's not wrong, it's just different.  I like it.  For one thing, I don't
understand the concept of arranging all the cars for the photo, and then
going through the exercise of moving them all around for the concour.
Since concour ain't my thing (if you didn't understand that after seeing
our TR4 up close, you would understand after seeing my Europa at any
distance) my opinion shouldn't count for much.  Given the same scenario
again, we would probably just drive away to do something else when they
broke up the panoramic shot.

Phil Ethier