RE: TR4 wind wings - mounting question---2

To: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>, "TR List"
Subject: RE: TR4 wind wings - mounting question---2
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:21:16 -0700
Dean,

I hadn't thought about cutting only the 'fuzzy part' and leaving the rubber!
That really makes a lot of sense! Thanks for the suggestion.

I haven't cut my fuzzy seals yet as I bought the "complete rubber TR250
gasket kit' from TRF but at the time the beige/tan fuzzy seals were not
available. They are now, or will be shortly, according to John Swauger of
TRF, so I plan on sending my black ones back and using the new beige/tan
fuzzy seals when available. So far I have only 'test cut' the old original
fuzzy seals and I used a pair of straight cut aviation tin snips. That
worked fine. However, I cut through both the steel and the rubber, so I will
have to experiment with the old to make sure I don't ruin the new beige/tan
fuzzy seals, as I will only cut partially through and save the rubber to
seal against the glass!!

Regards,

Jim