I have a distributor...

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <sales@partsoriginal.com>
Subject: I have a distributor...
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:37:42 -0400
Can someone please help me identify this?:

I have a distributor that came off an a "Triumph TR4 or 4A" engine that is
made of steel (instead of the cast aluminum) and is almost twice the size of
the original Triumph TR3A distributor.  It also stands taller than the 3A
distributor cause it has a tach (?) hookup collar on the side.  It has a
rather large aluminum vacuum adv. (w/ no writing on the vacuum unit)
however, underneath the distributor body vacuum attachment it says
'7953165'.

On the side the distributor is engraved with:
AC-Delco     Made in England
D200 795 166      (and other patent nos. too small and rusty to make out)

Thank you,
Paul Dorsey