Re: TR3B Not Happy

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3B Not Happy
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:06:14 -0700
TR250Driver@aol.com wrote:

>...The pump is relatively new...

Which is, of course, no guarantee against failure.  Certainly easy to
isolate the pump, if it has had a bearing or other failure then this may
be evident by just turning it by hand once the belt is off or as you
say, running the engine briefly w/o the belt.

Since it had the zerk it may be one of those new pumps with a pressed on
pulley -- I have had no experience with them.  If it is a conventional
pulley (bolt on w/ Woodruff key) then the new pumps often require some
material to be ground off the pump body to keep the pulley from fouling
on the casting... but that would have made a noise from the first time
you used it.

At this point I hope a bad H2O pump is your only problem.

Geo Hahn