Relevance of Post Replies (was 'Hydraulic shop in Santa Rosa,

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Relevance of Post Replies (was 'Hydraulic shop in Santa Rosa,
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:50:32 -0700
List,

I have been helped by many, many subscribers to this list during the
frame-off restoration of my '67 TR4A in the last couple of years.  In
return, I have tried to offer as much help, suggestions, BTDT advice, etc.
as I am able to.  I am very grateful to have this list as a resource for
help and assistance, and will continue to help where I can.

I received the following reply to a question that I posed to the list on
Sunday, in reference to my comment in that post that I need to find a
hydraulic shop so I can find one or more fittings to adapt my clutch M/C
pipe to my clutch flex line:

"er Jeff, the question BEGS to be asked<G>:  Why??"

While the easiest answer is 'Because the car won't go without a clutch', I
don't see how the comment listed above is helpful at all.  It offers no
help, suggestions or assistance - it's just a smartass reply, apparently
made for the sake of practicing typing skills and wasting list bandwidth.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't be asking if I didn't need to locate the
part, and the input of the list would be appreciated.  This list has been a
great help to me, and suggestions and advice are always appreciated; just
making comments for the sake of typing something in a smartass manner really
isn't, and it reflects badly on the Triumph community and the list as a
whole.  I will continue to contribute in any positive, constructive way that
I can.

Again, thank you to all the listers that have helped me in my pursuit of
obtaining a restored car.

Jeff

'66 & '67 TR4A