Weber return spring and throttle linkage

To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber return spring and throttle linkage
From: "Rick & Cecilia" <rickandcecilia@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:50:36 -0400
I used the existing spring from the Stromberg along with the connect point
and the shaft.  Let me explain.

The Weber came with an arched plate that has about 8 holes.  I used the 3rd
hole reading left to right facing the plate.  I ground off the first 2 along
with all the extra surface area so that the third hole is now the first with
nothing in front.  I then used the rod with the spring and the cable attach
point through the hole.  SLide the rod through the other hole that is in the
cable attach plate and, voila, it works perfectly!  full travel and the
geometry is now in a flat pull since I sheared off the first 2 holes.  No
external spring ont he back or anything.

I'll post some pictures on my site later tonight.  For those interested, the
Weber conversion as well as the full restoration is on www.rdroe.com.

Thanks,

RDR

spit1500.gif]