TR3 door gaps and sill measurements

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 door gaps and sill measurements
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:38:02 -0400
I've been impressed with how well my frame-off TR3A has 'gone back'
togather, possibly until today...

I removed both sills and floorpan from one side of the car.  The door
bracing is solid and is like Roger Williams in "How to Restore a TR3A",
however, mine doesn't allow one to 'offer up' the door for checking gaps
(stupid me).  What I am wondering is can I assume the non-tampered side of
the car has the exact same measurements as the side I am working on?  I
forgot to write them down before I began (stupid me).  The non-tampered side
is not rusted out nor has the car ever been in any type of collision.
However, it is 45-years old and will also be redone very soon.
    Question #2 - Should the bottom door gap be the same as the side door
gaps?  Does anyone know what that is?
    Next week I plan to remove the bracing so that I can 'offer up' the
doors for checking their correct gaps.