RE: Relevance of Post Replies (even more off-topic, please

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Relevance of Post Replies (even more off-topic, please
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
--- Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:

> > Didn't you know?  We Hatfields have always been a peaceful bunch
> > - we fight only to defend ourselves.
>
> *Some* truth to that ... the famous feud supposedly started over some McCoy
> hogs that for some strange reason, were found in a Hatfield pig sty.
> Reputedly a McCoy fired the first shot.

Also *some* of the truth - a McCoy did accuse a Hatfield of stealing a hog and
the Hatfield was put on trial for the theft.  The star witness? A McCoy who
claimed to be at the farm the day the Hatfield notched the hog's ears(a method
of branding).  Another part of the truth - A McCoy girl ran away with a
Hatfield boy - her father forced her to return home.  The first shots were
fired when three drunk McCoys jumped one Hatfield at the polling place on
election day.  When the head of the McCoy clan refused to turn the boys over to
the sheriff, the head of the Hatfield clan caught them on the road and shot
them.

> Might be only coincidence, but the head of the McCoy clan was named Randall
> (or Randolph), and some of my ancestors came from that area and passed the
> name Randall on to me ...

I believe Randolph is correct

> Fortunately, I don't own any hogs ... but you just better hope my Triumph
> doesn't turn up in your garage !!!
> <G>

No worries - if it winds up in my garage, it's 'cause I bought it or won it in
a poker game! <BG>

Raymond

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html