TR4 Wiper Motor Equipment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Wiper Motor Equipment
From: scharfr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:18:23 -0400
In recent days there has been some discussion of which wiper motor(s)
is/are appropriate standard equipment on a TR4. The following
information would seem to indicate that a single-speed wiper was
initially standard equipment, but that two-speed wipers were available
to special order from a very early point in the car?s production life.
Further, the later use of the two-speed wiper is also indicated.
Usefully, part numbers are listed for those with a pedantic need for
originality.

 Lucas Equipment on TR4
 Windscreen Wiper
 Model DR2 Part No. 75451
 (Later DR3A) Part No. 75452
 (Special orders) DR3A Part No. 75448

  The source of this information is ?Service Data No. 393? for the
Triumph TR4 as published on 27 June 1962 by the English weekly ?Motor
Trader.? This eight-page item covers a wealth of detail on the then-new
TR4 and was, according to the publisher, vetted by Standard Triumph. To
the extent that anything can be taken as authoritative at this late
date, it would seem that publications contemporaneous with the car?s
build would be a good starting point.

  I hope that this proves helpful. As some of you may remember, I
obtained permission from ?Motor Trader? to copy and distribute this
publication in our circle. Anyone wishing a PDF copy sent by e-mail
should contact me off line.

 Bob Sharp
 Michigan
  64-ish TR4