TR6 injector pipes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 injector pipes
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:22:29 +0200
List,

In checking out a malfunctioning injector on my 1974 TR6, I discovered
that the plastic pipe attaching to the injector is very old and brittle.
I discovered this because it snapped off while I was removing the
injector. Now I am left with two possible solutions: (a) find a new
plastic pipe, or (b) trim the broken ends and refit the old one.

My question about plan A is that I don't know if any old pipe will do,
or do the heat / petrol combination require some thing special?
My question about plan B is how to soften up the pipe so it doesn't
crack when I try and refit it, as it has twice already.

Has anyone got any bright ideas?

Thanks

Paul
1974 TR6 PI