Re: The Weenie, report and question

To: mbarron37@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Weenie, report and question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:21:19 EDT

If you want to send them off send them to Joe Curto (www.joecurto.com).

> 2.  If you have electronic ignition, can you shed some light on the
> replacement of same, the car has an alternator, so do I need any other parts
> other than the ignition box?

If you TR3 has electronic ignition it is an aftermarket unit which means it
is still available.  If it has the external box it is probably the Crane XR700
or one of its predecessors and are available from most retailers like Victoria
British which is in your back yard.

But check you usual stiff first.  Things like plugs wires cap and rotor.

My advice for diagnostics is to check the easy things first but since all
these things are easy check the cheap things first.  I installed a Crane system
hoping it would clear up an occasional misfire I had in the TR6.  It didn't.  I
tried a number of things but mostly lived with it for a few years.  Then one
day I regapped the plugs and the problem went away.  There's a moral there but
I can't think of what it is.

Oh, yeah, check the cheap things first.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO