TR6 - replacing rear springs (help!)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - replacing rear springs (help!)
From: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:43:07 -0700 (PDT)
Im trying to replace the rear springs on a 69 TR6.
Ive disconnected the shock link as per the Bentley
manual but cant lever the old spring out  even with
a bar on the trailing arm.  So Im already doubting my
ability to easily install the new springs (all springs
are stock height and rate) which the Bentley manual
would have me believe is a simple affair once the
shock is disconnected.

Would disconnecting the axles at the differential give
me the room I need or do I need to take the axle out
completely and disconnect the brakelines and hand
brake cables?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Steve

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs