Re: vibration elimination?

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: vibration elimination?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:43:50 -0400
On Wednesday 10 August 2005 06:00 pm, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> What do others think of me wrapping my tailpipe with several layers of
> aluminum screening?  I would only need to do this as the exhaust pipe/head
> pipe(?) passes the 'X' or cruciform tunnel (about  a 10") area.  I would do
> this to hopefully prevent vibration noise caused by this pipe.
> Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3A

Paul,

I wrapped the area with fiberglass matting, the very thick stuff. I had a roll
lying around so I thought I would give it a try to prevent the pipe from
hitting the frame and also as a insulator.

The only problem is I did this on my TR4 which is about 1 to 2 years away from
completion! Dont know if this will work or not. The matting was attached with
stainless steel wire. The mufler system is a Bell stainless.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4
1974 T140V