Re: TR4 rear caliper removal

To: v8tr4@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 rear caliper removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:34:47 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2005 8:49:55 PM Central Standard Time,
v8tr4@adelphia.net writes:
> I am having a problem getting the rear slave cylinders out. I got the plate
>
> stripped down to just the cylinders, and removed the smaller clip, but can
> not figure out how the second clip comes out since it is hitting the parking
>
> brake lever.

That's easy, disconnect the parking brake cable and remove the lever.  It
withdraws towards the outside of the car.

Those clips are fun.  They all interlock onto each other.  Reassembly will be
easier with a light coat of lithium grease on them.

Dave