Re: 'improvements' to a Triumph?

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: 'improvements' to a Triumph?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:24:36 -0400
On Thursday 18 August 2005 03:58 pm, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Hi,
> What  'improvements' to a Triumph (used as a daily driver and not concerned
> with originality) have been most worthwhile for you?  Don't need to include
> common ones like rack and pinion steering, luggage rack, heater, etc.
>
> Hopefully, someone will include some 'homemade' improvements (which are
> taylored more to my pocketbook)!  Small improvements are ok too.
> Thanks ahead of time!
> Paul Dorsey
> 60 TR3

Paul,

A very long time ago I removed the coil from its engine mount and put it on
the inside fender. I figured it would stay a bit cooler. Not sure if it does
but no failures in over 25 years, and about 30 k miles. Coil is the std Lucas
Sport Coil.

Other mods are liberal use of shrink tubbing on the wire ends to give the wire
some additional strength. This is a work in progress when I have spare time.
I have about 1/3 of the wires wrapped.

Added fog and driving lamps (Raydot) mounted on a home-made badge bar.

Installed a TR4A 2 speed wiper motor.

I use the TR4 temperature gauge and ammeter with the TR4 voltage stabilizer.

Also added standard seat belts from Moss.

All mods are to the TR3A, No mods on the TR4 yet, it is about 2 years away
from completion.

Thats about it.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A